In my practice, you are empowered to make choices in your life to help you be the best you can be. You are given a safe and respectful space, inclusive of the diversity of religious, political, and lifestyle beliefs, culture, occupation, race, gender, and orientation.
Each appointment, I find a way to help you and your body to heal yourself. I assess my patients using diagnostic techniques, like interviewing, visual, audible, olfactory information, and palpation. I select a treatment plan, using, acupuncture, Chinese herbs, nutrition, coaching, bodywork, or a combination to effect a change in your physiology. Each appointment builds on each other with these incremental changes.
Having said this, I recommend starting with once per week, unless your health indicates more frequently, which is rare. After these incremental changes become more stable, you gradually schedule treatments farther apart. If this is not possible because of time, travel, or financial reasons contact me for solutions. For those that visit infrequently, Chinese herbs are a vital part of treatment.
What can Chinese medicine treat?
Chinese medicine offer’s greater wellness for anyone with any condition. As a general practitioner, I bring the body to balance, and symptoms and illnesses can resolve. In cases where the conditions that cannot resolve, patients experience improved quality of life. Some of these are but not limited to:
- Addiction recovery assistance and support
- Anxiety, irritability, depression and/or panic attacks
- Asthma and allergies
- Behavioral health disorders
- Cancer treatment-related symptoms
- Childhood illnesses
- Chronic fatigue or low energy
- Digestive disorders, reflux, morning sickness, bloating
- Headaches, migraines, vertigo, dizziness, tinnitus, motion sickness
- Insomnia, sleep disorders, nightmares, night sweats
- Infection, chronic Lyme, systemic MRSA, parasites, yeast, candida, SIBO
- Immune issues
- Pain, recent and chronic
- Reproductive issues, infertility, PMS, painful, irregular, scanty, or infrequent menstruation
- Trauma, accident, surgery, TBI, emotional trauma, effects of violation and abuse
Additionally, there are improvements in but not limited to the following:
- Enhance relationships (especially if both parties are in treatment)
- Increases resilience
- Improved concentration and learning
- Improved coordination
- Improved efficacy of western medication
- Improve moods
- Improve sense of wellbeing
- More in touch with authentic nature
- Performance enhancement
- Quicker recovery from illnesses and injuries
What do I expect?
The intake will consist of essential forms, interview, physical, and treatment. This physical is diagnostic for treatment and does not replace allopathic medical care. Many questions will be about how your body functions. Many are to get a baseline and understand how you experience things, including how your body feels when you are in various situations. Bring a list of your supplements and medications. I recommend wearing comfortable clothes and a pair of shorts and for those who would like some modesty for their torso, bring a tank top. Treatment can include acupuncture, Chinese herbs (usually comes later), wellness coaching, and bodywork. Payment and rescheduling is done after treatment.
You can feel changes as soon as the first treatment. Typically symptoms that are less burdensome resolves before more serious ones, but not always. Many people experience an improved quality of their life from day one.
Phone: (571) 224-7905
Maryland University of Integrative Health, Natural Care Center, located at 7750 Montpelier Road, Laurel, Maryland 20723. To book contact me at (571) 224-7905 or firstname.lastname@example.org.